Courses, seminars and workshops
SKB International has long experiences in conducting customised workshops, seminars and training courses in different topics. Experts from SKB covering different disciplines, e.g. long term safety, site investigations and selections, public relations, construction of URL, etc can be involved.
These activities are very efficient for organisations to build up internal competence.
Please find information of next years ”School of Geological Disposal – Siting and Site Investigations of a geological repository for nuclear waste”, Östhammar, Sweden June 1 – 5, 2020, (SGD2020).
In year 2021 SKB International plan to arrange “School of Geological Disposal – Basis for developing safe geological disposal”, (SGD2021). The programme of this course will be similar to SGD2018 and SGD2019. More information will be available during 2020.
Examples of courses, workshops and seminars
Below find examples of customized events, e.g. workshops and seminars, that SKB International has arranged.
– Cost calculation and throughput workshop
– Workshop on R&D planning and prioritization
– Spent fuel behaviour
– Training programme for LILW disposal facility operation
– Defining reference and alternative cases
– Radionuclide transport
– Seismic impact on the repository
– Biosphere in safety assessment
Data Management and QA
– Data management
– Clays and Bentonites in Spent Fuel and HLW Disposal
– EBS (Engineered Barrier Systems)
– Bentonite workshop
– Corrosion of copper canister
Repository design and technology
– Requirements development and management system and concept selections
– Disposal concept and detailed repository technology
– Design and Construction of an underground Research laboratory
– Techniques of in-situ tests
Siting and communication with stakeholders
– SKB and municipality experiences from cooperation in the siting process
– SKB’s experiences from early phase of siting process
Site investigations and modelling
– Site Descriptive Modelling (SDM))
– Training courses for groundwater modelling with DarcyTools
– Experiences from SKB’s site investigations in Laxemar
– Site characterisation workshop
– Training Programme for sea based transportation of radioactive waste
– Participation in the KBS-3H Multi Purpose Test
– Mechanical modelling of buffer and backfill
– Ground water flow modelling
– Mechanical evolution
– Biosphere assessment methodology for the safety assessment of repositories